  From: Seth Ladd
  To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
  Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 7:54 AM
  Subject: Re: KR and RDF Redux

  Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
  > journey
  >   by John
  >   from hisHouse
  >   to theStore
  >   purpose
  >     purchase milk
  >
  > (all except the purpose bit is readily available in the work that Dan
  > Connolly, Jim Ley, I and others have done in encoding flight information.
  > Adding a purpose for the journey is a good idea - especially since our use
  > case often involves going to meetings (already expresed as RDF) and the rest
  > seems to be trying to meet friends (fair amount of data available in FOAF)

  I think the point here is that the solution to "John walked to the store" is turned inside out from a verb to a noun.  Create a noun (object) that is the result of the action performed.  Then you can add many properties to this object and talk about it.

  This also helps when trying to use CRUD functions on everything (in an attempt to follow REST principles).  Inside of "door.enter()" you can "Entrance.create()".  Once I've done that, I can then talk about (apply properties to) an Entrance, because it is now a Thing.

  Seth