Re: KR and RDF Redux

From: Murray Spork <m.spork@qut.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:55:30 +1000
To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@cdepot.net>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Richard H. McCullough wrote:
 > 1. KR has a special syntax for actions, very different from attributes.
 > I have carefully avoided converting verbs to nouns.  The KR translation
 > of this English example is
 >
 >     *at* time=past *{* John *do* walk *with* purpose=buy milk *from* his
 > home *to* the store *done* *}*
 >
 > 2. Could you explain these acronyms to me?
 > CRUD
 > REST
 > Thanks.

CRUD functions: Create, Read (Display), Update and Delete.

REST: Representational State Transfer - an architectural style that
describes how the WWW works.
http://internet.conveyor.com/RESTwiki/moin.cgi/RestArchitecturalStyle
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/pubs/dissertation/rest_arch_style.htm

--
Murray Spork
Centre for Information Technology Innovation (CITI)