RE: QNames for Better Visuals?

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 19:43:08 +0100
To: <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>, <tony_hammond@harcourt.com>, <Jeremy_Carroll@hp.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Art:
> Jeremy - does ARP provide the APIs needed to do this (e.g.
> given an AResource object, determine its namespace prefix
> and its "short" name)?

No sorry.
That is on my todo list.

I think another thing I need do is to update the standalone zip. The version
within jena is more up to date.

As it is, ARP is a few months behind the WG decisions - a number of
significant ones made recently include:
- rdf:parseType="Literal", exact behaviour on namespaces, PIs etc.
- bagID, respect XML document order for the reifications in the bag
- Normal Form C, literals must be Unicode NFC

where it's a little bit of work to precisely implement the WG clarification.
I also would like to understand better what having normalizing transcoders
would entail.

I would be thrilled if someone wanted to help me do this. As is, I am not
imaging having time for another few months.

If the validator maintainer wished to modify the ARP APIs to include the
prefixes, I would be happy to include that in the master files, and rev a
version.

The validator should also either:
- be running ARP in strict mode
or
- give the option of running ARP in strict mode.

Good to hear from you, Art.

See you

jeremy