Re: QNames for Better Visuals?

From: <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:19:23 -0500
To: <tony_hammond@harcourt.com>, <Jeremy_Carroll@hp.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
> Would be neat if some of the other GraphViz-based tools
> (Validator, IsaViz, etc) supported an option to render
> in this more compressed form.

I agree.

Last summer when I ported the W3C's RDF Validator to the ARP
parser I discussed this issue with Jeremy.  At the time, ARP did not
provide the API(s) to do this.  I was reluctant to "guess" or
to implement an incomplete feature (e.g. only use 'rdf' or
'rdfs').

The W3C's validator still uses ARP 1.0.5 and it appears from:

 http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/jjc/arp/

that 1.0.5 is the latest version of ARP.

Jeremy - does ARP provide the APIs needed to do this (e.g.
given an AResource object, determine its namespace prefix
and its "short" name)?

Art Barstow
---