Re: SUO: Re: REQUEST: survey of available ontologies, taxonomies, thesauri, lexicons?

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:54:10 -0500
To: Bill Andersen <andersen@ontologyworks.com>, Frank van Harmelen <Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl>, "John F. Sowa" <sowa@bestweb.net>
Cc: SUO <standard-upper-ontology@ieee.org>, Ontoweb <seweb-list@cs.vu.nl>, RDF <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, protege-discussion <protege-discussion@smi.stanford.edu>, <cg@cs.uah.edu>
All - Please may I make a request -- Leo forwarded one message to a
group of lists - which netiquette strongly discourages -- now we are
seeing why -- with the cross post to so many groups, we will rapidly
get many strands of communication going in many directions crossing
all our lists.
  www-rdf-logic@w3.org  would seem like a natural place to continue
this discussion - might I suggest we move it there?  I will place a
follow-up message (very likely to provoke further discussion from
John Sowa) there, but not cross list - that's an open list, anyone
can subscribe or view the archives, and was designed for just this
sort of discusssion.
  Meanwhile, let's please refrain from responses to this and other
cross-posted messages so that we can avoid the many cross threads
that will other swell all our mailboxes and archives
  thanks
  Jim Hendler

AV Williams Building, Univ of Maryland		  College Park, MD 20742
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler