Re: [Paper:] Logical Interpretations of RDFS - A Compatibility Guide

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:12:45 -0500
To: tarod@softhome.net
Cc: conen@gmx.de, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
From: tarod@softhome.net
Subject: Re: [Paper:] Logical Interpretations of RDFS - A Compatibility  Guide
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:21:28 GMT

>   I just read the paper of Wolfram Conen and Reinhold Klapsing and I
> totally agree with them. About the mail sent by Peter F. Patel-Schneider...
> again and again you are explaining rdfschema in function of DAML+OIL, why
> the hell don't we forget DAML to explain RDFSchema. RDF and RDFSchema
> doesn't need DAML to be explained and the new approach for the range/domain
> semantic does not make any sense excluding DAML.

I strongly protest this incorrect description of the message that I sent
out.  The only mention to DAML+OIL in that message was that there was an
axiomatization of RDF(S) as part of an axiomatization of DAML+OIL.  The
axiomatization of RDF(S) in that paper is completely independent of
DAML+OIL.

>   Regards,
>            Marc

Peter F. Patel-Schneider