Re: Toying with an idea: RDF Protocol

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 18:08:51 -0600
To: <frystyk@microsoft.com>, Ken MacLeod <ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us>, RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
CC: <rss-dev@egroups.com>
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com> wrote:

>> Is there a standard for this TCP binding so that we can
>> compare it with what Ken has done?
>
> You can use the exact same mechanism for SOAP as Ken describes. The
> reason for my mail was to put focus on the contents of the XML document
> rather than on whether one wants to use one TCP binding over another. As
> we are talking about XML documents in either case it is likely that a
> solution for one would also apply to the other.

I agree completely. Perhaps we should come up with some generic XML protocol
that is a superset of both RDF, SOAP and whatever else we come up with.

Henrik and Ken, would you be interested in writing something quick up on
this? I think it would be of great use to both the SOAP and RDF communities
to share this standard.