Re: Spec doesn't talk about two-valued relationships

Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org> wrote:

>> Because a generic system doesn't know whether 0 means false, or an address,
>> or whatever.
>
> It may be that we come at this with different worldviews/assumptions about
> how systems might work, but it seems to me that that kind of "knowledge"
> would be embedded in inference rules; e.g.
>
> <http://www.aaronsw.com/> bob:chocolateLover "0" .
> bob:SweetBrownStuff rdf:type bob:Chocolate.
> ->
> <http://www.aaronsw.com/> bob:doesNotEat bob:SweetBrownStuff

The question is what rules/terms are needed to be able to do this in the
general case. That is, I'd like my system not to have to have specific
knowledge about chocolateLover, Chocolate, and doesNotEat.

--
Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>|       The Info Network
  <http://www.aaronsw.com>   |     <http://theinfo.org>