RE: Dropping the redundant colon in N3

Re-reading my original post, my intented message was a bit cryptic.  What I
actually meant was to reserve double quotes for delimiting literals and
single quotes for delimiting URIs.

This:

1) avoids the use of "<" and ">" so N3 can be nested inside XML/HTML easily.
2) avoids overloading the use of "[" and "]" for delimiting both anonymous
resources and URIs (as suggested in an earlier post).
3) should be fairly easy to read / write and be quite appealing to the eye,
as all values are quoted, the distinction between a URI and a literal is
determined by whether the quoting is single or double.

Regards

Lee Jonas

BTW. I never was actually subscribed to the www-rdf-interest list (even
though I sometimes contribute) - I used to read posts from the archive as it
can organise posts by thread.  I think the list managing software has
changed and I guess this may be why the addressing has gone via the list
owner, Ralph Swick?