Re: URI etymology

From: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
Date: 15 Jun 2001 16:30:28 +0200
To: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
Cc: Sean "B." Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
To follow what I just sent...

I'm quite sure, by the way, that in some given applications, URIs will
be "misused", i.e. used to identify other things that the one resource
they theoreticaly identify; and the context will allow agents to handle
that.

But the theoretical ground must be solid; some application will need it
(e-commerce being the most evident).
Build context-driven applications on strict foundations is easier than
building strict application on a swamp ;-) IMHO

  Pierre-Antoine