Re: URI etymology

From: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
Date: 15 Jun 2001 16:21:30 +0200
To: Sean "B." Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
On 15 Jun 2001 14:46:32 +0100, Sean B. Palmer wrote:
> The question here is about trust and authority. If I say that I only
> trust a piece of RDF using your homepage as a URI in it somewhere if
> and only if it is digitally signed by a digital signature that I know
> is from you, then I can be "sure" that the context of its use will be
> the one that is "correct" to you.

Sean,

I think we are not talking about the same problem.
*My* question is not, IMHO, about trust and authority;
I'm not concerned about what a SW agent will *believe* a URI identifies,
I'm concerned about what the URI *does* identify truly.
I'm not discussing about implementation,
I'm discussing about theory.

Of course, implementation problems are a bunch, and must indeed be
addressed.
But I do not think we all agree on the theory (which URI identifies
what),
and I think we should reach agreement,
or how could the SW agent we develop agree with each other ?

  Pierre-Antoine