RE: Formation of RDF terms

Aaron,

I'm assuming that when you say "RDF term" you mean the URI
of a property.

Given a strict interpretation of the spec, what you say is
not correct, but in most cases it probably is.

I could have:

<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="..."
         xmlns:foo="http://foo">
  <rdf:Description>
    <foo:bar>foobar</foo:bar>
  </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

In this case the <foo:bar> would represent a property whose
URI is http://foobar and if you split that at the last '/'
then you won't get the right split.

It is good practise when defining RDF namespaces to end them
in a character like '/' or '#' that can't be part of an XML
Qname.  If you do that, and many do,then your algorithm works
just fine.

My Jena implementation uses the algorithm you describe when
a property object is constructed from a URI.  It also provides
a constructor which enables an application to specify
explicitly the namespace and localname parts of the URI.

Brian