Re: Formation of RDF terms

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:07:42 -0600
To: "McBride, Brian" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
McBride, Brian <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> It is good practise when defining RDF namespaces to end them
> in a character like '/' or '#' that can't be part of an XML
> Qname.  If you do that, and many do,then your algorithm works
> just fine.

This is what I was afraid of. So there is no definitive way to determine the
namespace of an RDF "term"? Are RDF terms even considered to have specific
namespaces -- or is this just a side-effect of the XMLNS system?

Thanks for your help,

--
Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>|               RSS Info
  <http://www.aaronsw.com>   |   <http://www.blogspace.com/rss/>