Re: Formation of RDF terms

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:42:19 -0500 (EST)
To: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
cc: RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Intuitively it doesn't seem that it is correct to me, but I can't yet figure
out an example.

Charles

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Aaron Swartz wrote:

  I have a question on the formation of RDF terms:

  For a given RDF term x, can it be assumed that for every character following
  the last # (or if none exists, the last /) is the name and the rest is the
  namespace?

  Example:

   http://example.webns.net/term/fries/smelly
      Namespace: http://example.webns.net/term/fries/
      Term: smelly

   http://example.webns.net/term/fries#smelly
      Namespace: http://example.webns.net/term/fries#
      Term: smelly

  Is this correct? (This would mean that no RDF terms could include a / or a
  #, right?)