Re: Dropping the redundant colon in N3

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 21:20:41 -0000
To: "Seth Russell" <seth@robustai.net>, "RDF-IG" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, "Tim Berners-Lee" <timbl@w3.org>
> it dawned on me that if we assumed that a token, not
> starting with ":" or  quotes, was a URI fragment of the
> default namespace,

That used to be the case with the old form of N3 where you could use "bind
default <URI>", but it got changed in the new syntax. My guess was that it
was impossible to distinguish from the keywords in the N3 syntax (which to
be fair did make it a little messy). Also, it makes more sense to an N3
processor I suppose, anything with a colon is prefixed by default.

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer