Dropping the redundant colon in N3

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:13:07 -0800
To: RDF-IG <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
After writing  the following passage in N3 {

:Seth  :thinksCool  :N3;
       :properName "Seth Russell";
        fopl:mailbox "mailbox:seth@robustai.net";
       :lookingFor  [<who:Programmer#x :wantsToProgram
:SemBrowser].
:N3 :primerAt  <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/Primer.html>;

       dc:author :TimBL.
who:Programmer#x  :salaryRequriement  "0".
:SemBrowser rdfs:label "Semantic Web Browser".}

it dawned on me that if we assumed that a token, not
starting with ":" or  quotes, was a URI fragment of the
default namespace, we could drop the annoying redundant
colon with no loss of expressivity.  My signature for today
would then become {

Seth  thinksCool  N3;
       properName "Seth Russell";
        fopl:mailbox "mailbox:seth@robustai.net";
       lookingFor  [who:Programmer#x  wantsToProgram
SemBrowser].
N3 primerAt  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/Primer.html;
       dc:author  TimBL.
who:Programmer#x  salaryRequriement  "0".
SemBrowser rdfs:label "Semantic Web Browser".
}

Is that ok, Tim ?