ANN: RDFnet Newsgroups

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 22:03:34 -0600
To: <rss-dev@yahoogroups.com>, <syndication@yahoogroups.com>, RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
There's been some talk about alternate ways to distribute RDF/RSS using
other Web protocols like NNTP. There was even a discussion about perhaps
starting a newsgroup on USENET. I don't know if anyone ever actually did
that, but to bypass the process (or perhaps jumpstart it) I've set up an
rdfnet newsgroup hierarchy on my own server:

Currently there are two groups: rdfnet.rss and rdfnet.talk. I'm willing to
add more as uses are suggested.

If you'd like to help distribute the load and run a mirror server, you can
grab:

    http://infa.abo.fi/~patrik/sn/

a small, easy-to-install news server for UNIX. It only took me about 10-15
minutes to download and set up, the INSTALL instructions are very clear and
easy to understand.

Enjoy,
--
Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>|  SWAG: Semantic Web Agreement Group