Re: does RDF require understanding all 82 URI schemes?

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:43:06 +0000
To: "Ralph R. Swick" <swick@w3.org>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
At 08:06 AM 2/12/01 -0500, Ralph R. Swick wrote:
>That is, RDF
>_expects_ that any URI can be presented to the Web for resolution.

Do you mean 'expects' in the sense of this being a legal operation to
attempt, or in the sense that any such resolution will yield a result.  I
think it must be the former.

Then, I ask:  what do you mean by "resolution".  I assume it has to be
something more than an HTTP GET operation, because that protocol wouldn't
know what to do with (say) the URI mid:a@b.  I suppose this has to mean
accessing the resource that the URI creator intended to be identified.

#g

Graham Klyne
GK@NineByNine.org