What are allowable property URIs?

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:23:02 +0000
To: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
Cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
At 10:11 PM 2/10/01 -0800, Aaron Swartz wrote:
>     To re-serialize, you simply break the URI at the first character not
>     allowed in a Qname (here a /).
>
>xmlns:a="http://foo.com/"
>http://foo.com/nsbar <- a:nsbar
>
>Sure, the re-serialized graph will not contain the same namespace URIs as
>the original, but to an RDF parser this will make no difference. (This will
>eventually cause a problem for XML signatures, since the Canonical XML will
>be different. Perhaps we need a Canonical RDF? Would it just be a list of
>triples?)

Reading this made me realize something obvious, but previously overlooked
(by me).

Not every URI can be used as an RDF property identifier in the RDF
syntax.  e.g. http://acme.com/property/

The model doesn't have this restriction, that I can see, which suggests a
mismatch between model and syntax.

Is this on the issues list?  Should it be?

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)