Re: does RDF require understanding all 82 URI schemes?

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:07:38 +0000
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
At 08:20 AM 2/12/01 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
>As if Tim B-L is the only one who believes that the Web
>should work like it does? Lots of people expect that
>the best place to find info about
>         http://example.org/foo#bar
>is, in fact, http://example.org/foo#bar

I'm not sure that's always true.  If I want to find the truth about:

     http://republicans.org/GeorgeW

I don't think I'd choose that URI as the most reliable source.

I agree that there are many common cases where your assertion holds, but I
suggest that is because of external factors, not something inherent in RDF
or the Web.

#g

Graham Klyne
GK@NineByNine.org