From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:49:26 -0700
To: "Danny Ayers" <danny@panlanka.net>, "RDF-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
> I'd be very grateful if anyone can point me towards info/links
> the extraction of RDF (or other metadata) from existing databases.

(If you are instead looking for information about extracting metadata
about the databases themselves and things like data lineage, then check
out http://www.omg.org/technology/cwm/, which describes the metadata
model that most all DBMS vendors have agreed on.  The link at
http://www.mdcinfo.com/ describes the OIM that was implemented in
Microsoft [http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/mds.htm] , Sybase,
Cognos, Hyperion, etc. and will now be merged into the OMG effort).