RE: RDF in XHTML

From: Danny Ayers <danny@panlanka.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:30:52 +0600
To: "Lee Jonas" <lee.jonas@cakehouse.co.uk>, "Tod Matola" <tmatola@columbus.rr.com>, "Murray Altheim" <altheim@eng.sun.com>
Cc: "Dan Brickley" <danbri@w3.org>, "Charles F. Munat" <chas@munat.com>, "RDFInterest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

<- The RDF Schema spec hints at 'rdfs:seeAlso' for cascading purposes, e.g.:
<-
<- <rdf:RDF ...(namespaces)...>
<- 	<rdf:Description rdf:about="" rdfs:seeAlso="furtherinfo.rdf"/>
<- </rdf:RDF>

Looks viable - I wonder if there's anything more than hints
this is rather important, probably well known (but I can't think of it) -
what is the best way to use inheritance of metadata between documents?
How do I avoid adding the same author information to every one of the
million pages I've written (with the aid of some monkeys)?

<- >On another line, forget XHTML for a moment, how do we embed metadata in
<- >other XML markups?
<-
<- I thought this is what XML Namespaces are for!  Just embed your elements,
<- any processor that doesn't recognise the namespace (within its
<- context) can
<- ignore it.  Note that to validate such documents properly (and allow such
<- open mixing-and-matching of different 'XML mini-languages') will
<- require XML
<- Schema.

Quite. (to avoid this going in circles, please ignore) so why should XHTML
be treated any different?