RE: RDF from RDBMS

From: Danny Ayers <danny@panlanka.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:05:16 +0600
To: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>, "RDF-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

<- > I'd be very grateful if anyone can point me towards info/links
<- concerning
<- > the extraction of RDF (or other metadata) from existing databases.
<-
<- http://www-db.stanford.edu/~melnik/rdf/db.html

Must admit I've got all that on my machine somewhere waiting for me to get
around to looking at...

<- (If you are instead looking for information about extracting metadata
<- about the databases themselves and things like data lineage, then check
<- out http://www.omg.org/technology/cwm/, which describes the metadata
<- model that most all DBMS vendors have agreed on.  The link at
<- http://www.mdcinfo.com/ describes the OIM that was implemented in
<- Microsoft [http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/mds.htm] , Sybase,
<- Cognos, Hyperion, etc. and will now be merged into the OMG effort).
<-

Yep - this was the kind of thing I was after - many thanks.