Re: language and adoption

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:18:42 +0100
To: dehora <bill@dehora.fsnet.co.uk>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
dehora wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Reading rdf-ig over the last week made me go back and
> a paper by Guy Steele, which in turn bounced me to a
> Richard Gabriel essay. It's interesting to consider
> RDF in light of these two essays, as it moves into
> version 2.0.

I'd like to take the opportunity of Bill's message to remind folks
of the RDFCore groups charter:

  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCoreWGCharter

which states:

  The role of the RDFCore WG is to prepare the way for such work by
  stabilizing the core RDF specifications. The RDF Core WG is neither
  chartered to develop a new RDF syntax, nor to reformulate the RDF
model.

We are working on RDF 1.1 rather than 2.0, though hopefully, we are
moving
things along in the right direction.

I think this is in keeping with what Bill was suggesting.

Brian