Re: ANN: Semantic Web in SciAm

Yes, and as a complement, the current issue of CACM
(Communications of the ACM) 44/4 has the theme
"Agent-Oriented Technology for Telecommunications."

It includes a couple articles on agents for
e-commerce applications.  Too bad there are so many
skeptics eager to ridicule; this *is* going to happen,
because the goals can be articulated reasonably and
clearly, and the solutions are tractable given today's
hardware/software tools, together with object and
agent models.  The sooner we believe that objects
(agents, components, whatever) can "know" things,
the better.

Congratulations to the authors, and kudos to SA for
publishing the article!

Robin Cover
XML Cover Pages
http://xml.coverpages.org/