Re: ANN: Semantic Web in SciAm

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:31:07 -0500
To: RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com> wrote:

> http://www.scientificamerican.com/2001/0501issue/0501berners-lee.html

The article is really good. I couldn't find anything in it to complain
about. However, I think some of the most interesting details are at the
bottom about the authors:

    When [Tim Berners-Lee] invented the Web in 1989, he intended it to carry
    more semantics than became common practice.

and

    Frustrated with the difficulty of building agents and automating tasks
    on the Web, [Ora Lassila] co-authored W3Cıs RDF specification, which
    serves as the foundation for many current Semantic Web efforts.

What's your story? ;-)