Re: Is "Model" part of the RDF model?

From: Graham Klyne <GK@Dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:19:51 +0000
To: Tom Van Eetvelde <tom.van_eetvelde@alcatel.be>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
I came across conceptual graphs (in "Artificial Intelligence" by Luger and
Stubblefield) in my early studies of RDF but did not feel they were a good
fit at the time.  I've just taken a quick review of that material, and did
not spot anything that substantially alters my view.  I think one *could*
map the RDF ideas to conceptual graphs, or vice versa, but I'm not sure
that so doing moves us closer to solving any interesting problems.

#g
--

At 12:41 PM 10/23/00 +0200, Tom Van Eetvelde wrote:
>Dear RDF people,
>
>Recently I read something on Conceptual Graphs. Looks like RDF extended
>with logic. Anyway, they
>also handle contexts. Could this be related to this discussion? I hope
>some people in this mailing
>list know about Conceptual Graphs, otherwise, the question has no target
>audience of course.
>
>Greetings,
>
>Tom.

Graham Klyne