RE: Model Digest Algorithm

From: McBride, Brian <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 19:52:26 +0100
To: "'Graham Klyne'" <GK@Dial.pipex.com>, "McBride, Brian" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: "RDF Interest (E-mail)" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

>It was my understanding that while there could be no duplicate
>resource
>names, there could be duplicate instances of a given property
>between the
>same subject/object pair.

I'm too new to this to be definitive (help help). The formal model
part of the m&s spec says:

  There is a set called statements, each member of which is a
  triple of the form {pred, subj, obj}

My interpretation of that has been that any two statements with the same
predicate, subject and object would be identical.  I've seen no
discussion of instances of statements. There are just statements.

Can anyone help clarify? I may need to update my database schema.

Brian McBride
HPLabs