Re: Parsing of qualified 'about' attribute

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 12:55:23 -0500
To: Sergey Melnik <melnik@db.stanford.edu>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Sergey Melnik wrote:

> Dan Connolly wrote:
> > [...]
> > I suggest you do it the other way around, so that
> >         <rdf:Description resource="bar"/>
> > is taken as a short-cut for
> >         <rdf:Description rdf:resource="bar"/>
>
> I agree with that. In my understanding
>
>         <NS:tagName attName ...>
>
> is 100% equivalent with
>
>         <NS:tagName NS:attName ...>

That's not something you can derive from the Namespaces spec. cf

	Myth #4: Unprefixed attribute names are in XML namespaces
	http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/03/08/namespaces/myth1.html

It's something the RDF spec could layer on top of the Namespaces spec,
but I don't suggest we do so; I suggest only that

	<rdfPrefix:tagName attName="...">
is treated as
	<rdfPrefix:tagName rdfPrefix:attName="...">

where rdfPrefix is any prefix bound to the RDF namespace name.