RE: SV: A certain difficulty - lack of action!

From: Didier PH Martin <martind@netfolder.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:05:00 -0500
To: "Sergey Melnik" <melnik@db.stanford.edu>, "RDF Interest Group" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Hi Sergey,

Sergery said:
Thanks Dan, I look forward to hearing about the options. IMO a W3C Note
would be enough (I don't like politics). As to syntax: XLink may be a
viable alternative. Can anyone XLink-aware come up with a simple example
showing RDF/XLink serialization?

Sergey

Didier replies:
You bet. Here it is:

<myElement xlink:type="simple"
           xlink:href="your resource link here">
  <dc:description>your description</dc:description>
  <dc:author>the author here</dc:author>
  		etc....
</myElement>

So, in the example above we have a link containing meta information about
the resource it points to. In fact, for e-commerce, content syndication and
several other applications, this kind of conctruct is very very useful.
Let's call this a semantic link ;-)

Cheers
Didier PH Martin
Email: martind@netfolder.com