Re: Parsers and rdf:Description

From: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 23:34:27 +0200
To: " - *jan@swi.psy.uva.nl" <jan@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Cc: " - *www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Jan wrote:

> as reifications are probably best left implicit for
> storage and reasoning about RDF.

I agree with that, and that's what we try to do in the
Euler proof mechanism [1].
There we use such models as (just to give a silly example):
[[subject1 pred1 [subject2 pred2 object2]] pred3 object3]

> Just for curiosity, are there any RDF applications and
> RDF based reasoning systems using reification in real-life
> situations?

Yes, but not yet real-life: medical image and related
pattern analysis.

regards,
Jos De Roo --- AGFA

[1] http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler