ANNOUNCEMENT: Redland 0.9.3

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:20:13 +0100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

	       Redland - An RDF Application Framework

I've just released 0.9.3 of Redland and the main changes are:

* Implemented fast get sources, targets, arcs for storing RDF
  using multiple hashes (via Berkeley DB)
* Made Berkeley DB support work for V3, two variants of V2
* Implemented removing statements for stored models
* Added general RDF utility example code example4.c that parses
  RDF/XML syntax, stores it and provides multiple query methods.
* Added simple 10-line RDF example code example3.c
* SiRPAC Java parser call changed to not discard error output
* Use streaming part of SiRPAC Java parser

The example4.c program is a nice addition - IMHO - an all-in-one RDF
program (if the libwww parser is used) which allows command-line use
of RDF.  See the usage in the install page.

The streaming parser means large RDF/XML processing becomes more
possible to do.  I've tried it on the dmoz data (with lots of
cleanups - I'll post the script sometime) but I've got to work on
other issues before it can be entirely processed with Redland.

[The 0.9.2 release was not announced and just added the HTML
documentation to the distribution, not included in the first

I'm now going on holiday...