RE: Instant RDF

From: <Ora.Lassila@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:35:59 -0500
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Jonathan Borden wrote:
>    or in simplified RDF:
>
>    <author rdf:about="http://my.theinfo.org/rdf/">
>        <name>Aaron</name>
>    </author>
>
> so, really what an XSLT rdf 'extractor' would do is to simply
> transform the "uri" element into an "rdf:about" attribute.

Are you inventing new syntax here as well? If you meant that the XSLT
"extractor" would generate legal (i.e., current) RDF syntax your example
does not work: it translates to two triples (an instance of type "author"
and a property "name" of that instance with value "Aaron").

More generally, I feel that although a simpler, more intuitive syntax would
be a good idea, transforming *any* XML to "something like RDF" is somewhat
dangerous unless you make sure that any intended semantics is preserved.
Syntactic transformation is only half of the battle...

Regards,

	- Ora

--
Ora Lassila, <ora.lassila@nokia.com>