Re: Instant RDF

Hi Ora! I'm honored to hear your comments.

Ora.Lassila@nokia.com <Ora.Lassila@nokia.com> wrote:

> Are you inventing new syntax here as well? If you meant that the XSLT
> "extractor" would generate legal (i.e., current) RDF syntax your example
> does not work

I believe that was Jonathan's example -- my intent was to use the current
syntax.

> More generally, I feel that although a simpler, more intuitive syntax would
> be a good idea, transforming *any* XML to "something like RDF" is somewhat
> dangerous unless you make sure that any intended semantics is preserved.
> Syntactic transformation is only half of the battle...

Of course, the idea would be to write an XSLT add-on for each XML format,
being careful to generate valid and useful RDF, thus preserving the
semantics. This, IMO, is much more useful than generating an RDF set from
any old random XML.

--
        Aaron Swartz         |"This information is top security.
<http://swartzfam.com/aaron/>|     When you have read it, destroy yourself."