Re: Instant RDF

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:48:39 -0500
To: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>, RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org> wrote:

> so, really what an XSLT rdf 'extractor' would do is to simply transform the
> "uri" element into an "rdf:about" attribute.
[...]
> XSLT works in theory and practice.

Yes, my question is will XSLT work for a large scale project. I came up with
the idea during my work on RSS, when the tortured RDF syntax was causing
serious problems. Another, more complex example is this:

<content:content content:type="text/plain">some stuff</content:content>

which would need to be XSLTed into:

<content:content>
      <rdf:Description>
        <content:format>text/plain</content:format>
        <rdf:value>
           some stuff
        </rdf:value>
      </rdf:Description>
</content:content>

RSS is a well-adopted spec, would such XSLTing be acceptable for RDF
support?

--
        Aaron Swartz         |"This information is top security.
<http://swartzfam.com/aaron/>|     When you have read it, destroy yourself."