Re: Parsers and rdf:Description

From: Stefan Kokkelink <skokkeli@mathematik.uni-osnabrueck.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 12:47:19 +0200
To: Perry Caro <caro@Adobe.COM>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Perry Caro wrote:
> Stefan Kokkelink wrote:
> > I agree that the creation of a Bag for each Description
> > element isn't necessary in many situations (e.g for
> > retrieval) since it represents only the XML structure
> > of the RDF document.
> I disagree with the last statement. The way I would put it is that the
> rdf:Description is the XML serialization for a collection of statements with
> the same resource/subject in common AND for the bag of statements that
> result from reification of said properties.

Hmm, the following XML serialization and triple
model are equivalent (or better: the following XML is a serialization
of the given triple model):

<rdf:Description about="uri">

Triple model: (subject,predicate,object)

If this is true, most of the example graphs in the Spec are
false or at least incomplete?

Another problem: How does the XML serialization of the
follwing triple model look like?

Or is this not a correct model?

Well, I'm getting more and more confused about
the different ways of representing RDF ...