Re: a questioin on use of RDF

From: Mark Baker <mark.baker@Canada.Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:39:21 -0400
To: Sankar Virdhagriswaran <sv@crystaliz.com>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
If we're looking to grow something large out of this, shouldn't we
be looking for network effects?  I don't see a RDFized vCard type of
thing doing this.

How about self-similar ratings (ie. rating ratings)?  One network
effect here is that if somebody rates your site poorly, you may feel
compelled to respond by rating their rating (maybe he's a competitor
and you want to make that known, etc..).  The larger the graph, the
more compelled people will feel to contribute.

See also; crit.org, thirdvoice.com, epinions.com, deja.com