Re: RDF Queries?

From: Massimo Marchiori <massimo@umpah.w3.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:30:15 -0400
To: franklin.reynolds@nokia.com, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
The RDF-query "Metalog" project described in QL'98 has also a page
(http://www.w3.org/RDF/Metalog/ ) where
the latest news can be found: http://www.w3.org/RDF/Metalog
There is an implementation, although currently not on synch. I'll post
some announcement when significant progress will happen.

I also suggest you subscribe to the W3C lists pertinent to query languages:
www-ql@w3.org is a publis list devoted to general discussion on ql's
(see http://www.w3.org/TandS/QL/QL98/ml.html ).
For W3C members, there is also a member-only discussion list, w3c-ql@w3.org
You can try to post your request for discussion there in order to get more feedback.
Note you need to subscribe before posting, lists are restricted-access.

Daniel Lipkin [mailto:DLipkin@Saba.com] wrote:
> The W3C has just announced the formation of an XML Query Working Group
> (http://www.w3.org/XML/Activity.html#role), but I suspect this group will
> initially be focused on a general XML query language.
The XML-Query wg already had a very fast kick-off: W3C members can look at
what's happening at the home page of the working group
(http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Query ).
Although, I still have to integrate this with proper survey/documentation pages,
that are forthcoming.
And, in fact, the scope if focused primarily on querying XML, rather than RDF,
although this can be seen as the very first step along the global querying path...

Cheers,
-Massimo

| Massimo Marchiori                    Room NE43-350            |
| The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)  545 Technology Square    |
| MIT Laboratory for Computer Science  Cambridge, MA 02139, USA |
| WWW: http://w3.org/People/Massimo    Phone: +1 (617) 253 2442 |
| Email: massimo@w3.org                Fax:   +1 (617) 258 5999 |