RE: a questioin on use of RDF

The idea of "cards" for sites and people seems reasonable.
I am not familiar with VCard. What information is contained in
a vcard?

I like the idea of trying the idea out without getting bogged
down in a standards effort. In order to start a ground swell
it seems to me that we need to publish interesting metadata and
have tools for collecting the metadata and for querying it
(semantic web crawlers and search engines).

In the interest of publishing interesting metadata how about a
version of a site card that describes a subsection of the web
hosted on a particular site? Some sites host multiple
organizations. For example, a university may have multiple
schools and the schools may have multiple departments and
the departments may have multiple groups and projects...
I guess I am suggesting something like a "home page card".

I am working on semantic web crawlers and search engines. Anybody
else?

Franklin Reynolds
NRC/Boston