Re: A simple question....

From: Stefan Decker <stefan@DB.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:55:37 -0800
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
At 05:01 PM 11/17/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Stefan Decker wrote:
>
> >  1) Introduces the aspect, that metadata has a source, and there might
> > be sources i consider  more reliable than others.
> >             So i want to be able to distinguish between metadata from
> > different sources.
> >             RDF datamodel does not allow that (the datamodel does not trace
> > the origin of a triple)
>
>I agree that this is a *must*.  But why do say "RDF does not allow" it ?
>Can't we just put a bunch of RDF in a RDF bag and assert a property
>arrow from the bag to who authored it?

Sure, its possible.
But it is also fundamental of having Metadata om the Web, so it should be
done in a
standardized, principled way.
(standardized is the key issue here - otherwise no 2 applications do it the
same way.)

And doing it the way you suggested multiplies the number of triples.

I'am sure that this issue was also discussed in the RDF working group.
Any insights why there was not a follow-up action?

Stefan