Re: Conformance model of RDF specs?

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:07:53 +0100
To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

Sorry for butting in ...

> e.g., is a RDF/XML parser required to be a validating XML parser?

No, it is not. This causes some known issues when a validating XML parser and
a non-validating XML parser may give different RDF graphs. (e.g. because XML
validation adds a default attribute which then maps to a triple)

>   Is
> there a minimal list of encodings that an RDF/XML parser should support?

UTF-8 and UTF-16 I think is what is specified by XML, RDF does not add to
these.

Jeremy