Re: language correction

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:20:43 -0500
To: e@arix.com
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

Hi

Thanks for your RDF Schema review comments,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0243.html

You comment on the diagram
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-schema-20021112/intro-example.jpg
and suggest that the direction of the arrow indicates that "all agents
are people" rather than "all people are agents".

I've double-checked, and the diagram is OK, and consistent with the
meaning of rdfs:subClassOf and the conventions for representing RDF
graphs visually. A possible cause of concern is that rdfs:subClassOf may
be named a little confusingly; you can try reading it as 'superClass'
instead, ie. it points from a more specific class (eg. people) to a
more general class (eg. agents, things etc).

I should also point out that this figure is not part of the latest
version of the RDF Schema specification; it will probably get used
elsewhere though, so thank you for your comments.

 http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/ ->
 http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-rdf-schema-20030123/
 ...is the most recent version of the spec.

Thanks again for your comments,

Dan