Re: What is RDF Schema?

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:26:57 -0500
To: pfps@research.bell-labs.com
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org, brian_mcbride@hp.com

Thanks for your Last Call review comment on RDF Schema in

Sorry I'm late with these responses. You ask 'what is RDF schema?' and
note that the specification appears unclear on this. Rather than treat this
as an editorial fixup, I think it best that the RDFCore WG treat this
as formal issue.
Brian, could you create a LC open issue entry for this?

I think this is related to the 'rename RDF Schema?' issue,
ie. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#webont-01
in that as we've moved towards calling this a 'vocabulary description
language', rather than 'RDF Schema', there is less tendency towards
using the noun form, ie. we find ourselves asking what the RDFS/RDFVDL
language is (answer: a semantic extension of RDF), rather
than what _an_ RDF Schema is.

Anyway, I agree that we could be clearer on this in the spec.

Thanks for your careful attention,