[closed] pfps-17 namespace v vocabulary

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:15:31 -0500
To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org
CC: pfps@research.bell-labs.com

Peter--

You made a last call comment "What does RDF consider a namespace to be?"
captured in

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-17

The RDFCore WG has resolved

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Mar/0068.html

to accept this comment, and has given me editorial discretion to amend
the Primer in light of the comment.  What I propose to do is replace the
use of "namespace" by "vocabulary" except where the reference is
specifically to an XML namespace (some instances of the latter appear in
the RDF/XML examples).  Note that this reply is only intended to address
your comment as it affects the Primer;  separate issue numbers have been
assigned to the other documents, and will be addressed separately.

This is recorded in the Primer Editors Draft change list as primerLCC-012.

Please reply to this email, copying www-rdf-comments@w3.org indicating
whether this decision is acceptable.