[closed] pfps-15 Say anything quote

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:13:42 -0500
To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org
CC: pfps@research.bell-labs.com

You made a last call comment "Can RDF say anything about anything?"
captured in

The RDFCore WG has resolved

to accept this comment, and has given me editorial discretion to amend
the Primer in light of the comment.  What I propose is to change the
text that you mentioned in your comment (in Section 3.2 of the Primer) from:

"These examples also illustrate one of the basic architectural
principles of the Web, which is that anyone should be able say anything
they want about existing resources [BERNERS-LEE98]."

"These examples also illustrate that anyone should be able to freely
make additional RDF statements about a resource, using any RDF
vocabulary they please.  This is in keeping with a basic architectural
principle of the Web: "The Web works though anyone being (technically)
allowed to say anything about anything" [BERNERS-LEE98], although in
these examples the principle is necessarily restricted to those
statements that can be expressed in RDF."

This is recorded in the Primer Editors Draft change list as primerLCC-019.

Please reply to this email, copying www-rdf-comments@w3.org indicating
whether this decision is acceptable.