RDF Semantics: datatype entailments

From: <herman.ter.horst@philips.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:02:32 +0100
To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org, phayes@ai.uwf.edu

RDF Semantics document,
last call version, 23 january 2003
This comment was mailed earlier to the WebOnt WG [1].

Section 4.3, Datatype entailments
This section only describes closure rules.
However, I would like to suggest that more can be said.

For each recognized datatype x  (that is, if x is in D)
the following triple is D-entailed already by the empty RDF graph:
  name(x) rdf:type rdfs:Datatype .

This follows from the assumption on D-interpretations that
D is a subset of ICEXT(I(rdfs:Datatype)).

Herman ter Horst
Philips Research

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Feb/0313.html