Re: WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20030123: RDF/XML with HTML and XHTML

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:59:42 +0000
To: Dave Hodder <dmh@dmh.org.uk>
cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

>>>Dave Hodder said:
>
> Hello,
>
> Regarding the following section:
>
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20030123/#section-rdf-in-HTML
>
> I feel it would be beneficial if a complete example was presented to
> show how a <link> element could be used.  On the www-html-editor list
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2002OctDec/0027.html>
> I suggested the following as an example:
>
>     <link rel="meta"    type="application/rdf+xml"
>         title="Dublin Core metadata"    href="dublin-core.rdf"/>
>     <link rel="alternate meta"    type="application/ntriples"
>         title="Dublin Core metadata (N-Triples)" href="dublin-core.nt"/>
>
> N.B. I would strongly suggest the use of the linktype 'Alternate' over
> the 'Alternative' used in the WD; both 'Alternate' and 'Meta' are in the
> latest XHTML 2.0 draft, but 'Alternative' is not.

I will consider this suggestion.  We will record this as a last call
issue on this document since it is more than a typo.

I note (or hope!) that the HTML working group is also looking at this
document and at this section in particular and I might try to
coordinate comments here.

> There is also a small typo in the second paragraph -- "HTML/HTML" is
> referred to instead of "HTML/XHTML".

Noted, will fix.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dave