other rdf:nodeID name thoughts

From: Garret Wilson <garret@globalmentor.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:37:21 -0800
To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

I'm thinking of specifications built on top of RDF that may try to hide
technical details of RDF from the user. rdf:about and rdf:reference did
that somewhat by talking about relationships between *resources*, but
the name "rdf:nodeID" presupposes a knowledge of some graphical
representation of RDF---relationships between nodes in a graph.

Has anyone proposed other names for rdf:nodeID just to be user-friendly,
such as one of the following?

rdf:localID
rdf:internalID
rdf:tempID

The only one I really like is rdf:localID. The rest don't seem to work,
but then rdf:nodeID doesn't seem quite right, either.

Garret