Re: name of rdf:nodeID attribute

From: Garret Wilson <garret@globalmentor.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:24:34 -0800
To: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
CC: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

Dave,

Dave Beckett wrote:

 >> Actually, it does take an rdf:resource, which is exactly my point.
 >

 > Er, no it doesn't.

Sorry, I wasn't contradicting you. I meant that, because one sees an
rdf:NodeID, one thinks (analogous to rdf:about) that one can add
properties to it, each of which would take an rdf:resource. That is,
it's logical to think that every occurrence of rdf:nodeID can have
properties defined directly below it, just as it's logical to think that
every occurrence of rdf:about can have properties directly below it.
Like, for example:

 >>     <rdf:Description rdf:nodeID="abc"
 >>       <ex:homePage rdf:resource="http://purl.org/net/dajobe/"/>
 >>     </rdf:Description>

 > I expect RDF/XML would be (even more?) totally unreadable if you
 > couldn't work out which element was a node element or property
 > element without the rdf:about / rdf:resource hints. You would have to
 > read the striping carefully.

Which again is my point with rdf:nodeID. It would be logical to think
that a property XML element with rdf:nodeID can have properties directly
  below it. I don't see how rdf:nodeID requires any less careful reading
of the striping than rdf:about/rdf:resource.

Cheers,

Garret