Re: Wrong test-case: rdfms-not-id-and-resource-attr/test003

From: Jan Wielemaker <jan@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:20:38 +0100
To: Jan Wielemaker <jan@swi.psy.uva.nl>, www-rdf-comments-request@w3.org
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3c.org, jan.grant@bristol.ac.uk

Dave,

> A snapshot from Jeremy?  Could you please try them with the official
> RDF Core test cases from the web site:
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/
>
> However...

I'll retry the suite after this issue is resolved.

> > <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
> >          xmlns:eg="http://example.org/">
> >
> >   <rdf:Description>
> >     <eg:prop1  rdf:ID="reify" rdf:bagID="bag"/>
> >   </rdf:Description>
> > </rdf:RDF>
> >
> > In the test-result this returns an blank node with `prop1' property
> > and object "" (empty literal) and a reification thereof where the value
> > is another blank node.  With a reified statement that differs from the
> > real statement, this can't be right.
> >
> > I think the specs says it should be two blank nodes related using the
> > prop1 property and properly reified.
>
> I actually noticed this problem when I was testing them myself last
> Friday.  The property element eg:prop1 has an empty literal value,
> not a blank node, and that is the statement that is reified with
> ID "reify" (http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-not-id-and-resource-attr/test003.rdf#> reify)
> and associated with the bag ID "bag" (http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-not-id-and-> resource-attr/test003.rdf#bag).
>
> The fix I've approved for
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-not-id-and-resource-attr/test003.nt
> is:
>
> 19c19
> < <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-not-id-and-resource-attr/test003.rdf#reify> <h> ttp://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#object> _:j88097 .
> ---
> > <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-not-id-and-resource-attr/test003.rdf#reify> <h> ttp://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#object> "" .
>
> Can you confirm this fixes it for you?

It doesn't, as you state now the correct translation for the `Object' is
"".  However, the specs state (7.2.21, first bullet)

``If there are no attributes or only the optional rdf:ID attribute ...''

As we have here rdf:ID and rdf:bagID we must create a blank node for the
object.

Actually, I think the specs are wrong here as it is weird that the
existence of the rdf:bagID changes the object of the property.

	Regards --- Jan